Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Threadbared isan evolving collaboration between two clotheshorse academics to discuss the politics, aesthetics, histories, theories, cultures and subcultures that go by the names "fashion" and "beauty."
intellectual goodsAll content 2007-2013 is copyrighted by Mimi Thi Nguyen and Minh-Ha T. Pham.
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
swap & spit
- “Asian Americans in Fashion” on CUNY TV October 16, 2013
- Why Fashion Should Stop Trying to be Diverse September 30, 2013
- The Techno-Orientalist, White Feminist History of “Harem Pants” August 27, 2013
- Meet the Burka Avenger! July 25, 2013
- The Hoodie as a Sign, Screen, Expectation, and Force (EXCERPT) July 15, 2013
our tags are showingacademic Africa art Asian American designers Asianness blackness burqa CHEAP CHIC civic body class commodification consumption copyright disability ethical fashion exhibit FASHION 2.0 fashion blogging fashion philanthropy fat femininity feminism film France gender gender presentation hair hipster homelessness immigration indigeneity individualization Iran labor lifestyle politics Masculinity menswear Minoo Moallem model morality music Muslim native appropriations neoliberalism new digital work order new technologies New York City NYLON Of Another Fashion Orientalism photography politics punk queer race racial-sartorial profiling racism sales Sartorialist secondhand sexuality Spring fashion standardization style blog style icon teaching outfit textile arts thrifting Thuy Linh N. Tu Topshop uniform video VINTAGE POLITICS Vogue war
search our closets
- Wow! @Threadbared was named one of the Top 100 Best Women’s Empowerment Websites in 2013 shar.es/IjVRh 1 month ago
- RT @minh81: MT @cunytv: Fashion scholar/blogger Minh-Ha Pham @minh81 & Deanne Yee @dreamsequins on #AsianAmericanLife ow.ly/pK2gD 1 month ago
- NEW! International Journal of Fashion Studies! Emphasizing non-US critical discussions on fashion, dress, style. facebook.com/fashionstudies 2 months ago
- Pulitzer winning fashion writer Robin Givhan and I talk some more about the Rick Owens show >> cbc.ca/q/blog/2013/10… 2 months ago
- RT @garconniere: Love hearing one of my favourite theorists @minh81 on @cbcradioq - more critical fashion analysis on the airwaves! http://… 2 months ago